Monday, April 23, 2012


I just copied and pasted this from my tumblr.
Based from how I act with people, I’m probably the last person they would think to have a deep fascination with history.
I mean, I just fucking love it so much. I actually don’t care if I fail my other subjects as long as I get to read about dead things and old people everyday.

No one really asked me why I love it, or how my fascination started. No one knew, no one cared.

Well, I probably took after my dad. We both love war and shooting and guns. So I’d watch those war films with him. And I guess it just started from that. But before I got into history, I loved astrology. All those planets and stars up there sort of make you feel small and like your problems are so small, they aren’t even there. And with the question of the unknown. Anything is possible. We’re simply small humans; we know nothing. We are merely a speck in this huge mystery filled with heavenly bodes, and possibly more life forms.

But anyway, where was I again?

Oh yeah. Why do I love history?

When Drew asks me that question, I sort of scratch my head and mumble incoherently. 

Drew intimidates me.

But actually, Nick got to ask me that question once and I answered something like, “What’s not to love about it? God. Just looking and reading about these people gives you a glimpse back to the past. The better past. It’s like being in a new place and time. Like when you read books, Nick. Do you even read books, loser?”

I guess that’s it.

Oh, and I love reading how messed up people back then were. Actually, the times have changed but the people’s minds haven’t.

There’s still cannibalism, and discrimination.

This blog discourages the latter, but promotes cannibalism .39%.

No comments:

Post a Comment